In its commitment to Service ensures that ongoing education to all new and current staff, volunteers, third parties, and procured service providers working for or on behalf of the facility, has been provided employee training in accordance with Ontario Regulation 429/07.
Training includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Completing the AODA Accessibility Guide training booklet and quiz;
2. Reviewing the purposes of the AODA and requirements of the customer service standard;
3. Instruction on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
4. Instruction on how to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a guide dog, other service animal or a support person;
5. Instruction on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our services;
6. Personal Assistive Devices that are used by people with disabilities include a broad range of products such as wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen tanks, and portable communication boards.
7. Instruction on how to use equipment or devices available on our premises or that we provide, that may help people with disabilities access our services, such as TTY telephones, elevators, lifts, accessible interactive kiosks or other technology; and
8. Training on the TTY (Telephone Teletype) devices and Bell Relay Services (if installed, utilized and accessible).
Staff, volunteers and third parties are trained about the availability of feedback processes, disruption of services and the availability of our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan.
Department Specific Training will be done by the Director and/or designate of the area that offers the equipment or devices that are available to assist people with disabilities.
All training sessions are recorded in our education calendar indicating the date of the in-service. The educator tallies the number of individuals attending utilizing the attendance sign-in sheet. Records are kept in the Human Resources Department for any training that is provided, including dates the training is completed and the staff names in attendance.
All those completing some form of Customer Service training need to demonstrate compliance by completing the quiz that is including with the self-learning Accessibility Guide or provided during orientation; or submitting the quiz sheet included in the on-line articulate education software.