The SRC department of Villa St. Gabriel Villa values compassionate and holistic resident and family centered care. We recognize, respect and respond to all residents and their families’ diverse spiritual and religious needs. The SRC department accomplishes this goal by ensuring that all residents, families, staff members and volunteers at Villa St. Joseph’s Villa are supported and assisted in maintaining her/his preferred spiritual and religious observances, practices and affiliations.
SRC Mission Statement: To provide Spiritual and Religious Care to people of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures by attending to the whole person (body, mind and spirit). We accomplish our mission by being committed to integrity, dignity, respect, accountability, compassion and excellence.
The Guardian Angel program is one way we journey with our residents and families at end-of-life. In alignment with our mission statement, our team is committed to care and support residents and their loved ones in the following ways:
• To fulfill the wishes of a dying resident, ensuring dignity and respect through the final journey.
• To provide effective pain management and provide support for symptoms.
• To provide psychological, social and spiritual support to the resident, family and significant others. A chaplain and social worker are available to speak with and will visit unless directed otherwise.
• To provide an environment that supports grieving for the family and provides support in preparing for the death of their loved one.
• To encourage families to journey with loved ones, especially in their final days.
• To provide ethical support to the resident, families and staff facing difficult decisions.
Feel free to preview our Guardian Angel literature (English, SJ Guardian Angel Booklet, French, Le Programme Ange Gardien).
Do not hesitate to reach out to the SRC department. We are here to serve.
Calendar of Services… Information to follow….