Good afternoon everyone.
As a result of Ministry of Long Term Care Directives, we will be introducing COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing at the Villa. We will be implementing the rapid antigen testing on Monday March 1, 2021.
We will be required to adhere to a stringent testing cycle as outlined below:
- Tests will be performed 3 times per week in non-consecutive days for those working 3 or more times in a week.
- Tests will be performed each day for those working one or two times in a week.
- Tests will be performed 3 times per week in non-consecutive days for those visiting 3 or more times in a week.
- Tests will be performed each day for those visiting one or two times in a week.
Essential caregivers must wait and receive their results before direct contact with the residents.
General Visitors (when permitted)
- Tested the day of their visit regardless of how many times they visit in a week.
General Visitors must wait and receive their results before direct contact with the residents.
Testing is not required for a person visiting a resident at end of life.
All individuals with a positive rapid antigen screening result will be directed to obtain a PCR test through the assessment centre and the positive result will be reported to Public Health. The positive individual will be restricted from the home until PCR results are received.
We will be utilizing the flow chart below in order to navigate when an individual needs to be tested. You may be asked these questions by the Lobby Deputies:
Rapid antigen screening does not replace Public Health measures such as symptom screening, physical distancing, masking and hand hygiene.
Our approach to Rapid Antigen Testing is aimed at ensuring the safety of our vulnerable population.
Should you have any questions regarding Rapid Antigen Testing please feel free to contact us directly.
Thank you for your patience.
Stay Healthy, Stay Safe
Villa St. Gabriel Villa