July 8, 2016 – Linda Wilson, Chair of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of four new Board members.
Ray Hunt: Chief Administrative Officer with the Northern Ontario School of Medicine
Andre Durette: Director of Human Resources at Cambrian College
Guy Beaulieu: Vice President of Operations, Bonaventure Property Management Inc. and Vice President and comptroller of Pijo Investments Ltd.
Gloria Richer: Retired Critical Care Registered Nurse and the former Site Administrator of St. Joseph’s Villa
These appointments were endorsed by the Board of Directors at its special meeting on June 22, 2016 and confirmed by our sponsor, the Catholic Health Sponsors of Ontario during their annual general meeting held on June 27, 2016.
The St. Joseph’s family of operations provides long-term care and continuing care at three facilities. These include St. Joseph’s Villa, (SJV), a 128-bed long-term care home; St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre (SJCCC), a 64-bed complex continuing care hospital; and Villa Gabriel Villa (VSGV), a 128-bed long-term care home located in Chelmsford. St. Joseph’s Health Centre (SJHC) provides management, human resources and financial services to these facilities.
Highlights from the special annual meeting:
- Joseph’s Health Centre was awarded the prestigious Community Builder’s Award in the category of Health Care
- Joseph’s Health Centre was also presented with the Chair’s award from Maison Vale Hospice at their annual gala that took place on November 19, 2015
- Joseph’s Villa was awarded a three-year accreditation from the Commission for the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in October 215
- The Montessori Programming for dementia was introduced at St. Joseph’s Villa and Villa St. Gabriel Villa. The goals of this initiative are: improving quality of life for our residents, as well as caregiver satisfaction for staff, volunteers and family members.
- St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre is working towards implementing a new Most Responsible Physician model which will enhance the consistency of care for our patients.
- Villa St. Gabriel Villa celebrated its 5th anniversary on March 30, 2016.
- Over the course of the past year, hand hygiene audits were conducted at all sites as per practice and the following awards were presented:
- the annual award for the “Most Improved” and the “Best Overall” Hand Hygiene Infection Control Championship Award was presented to Gardenway neighbourhood staff at SJV with a 99% compliance rate. The plaques were awarded on May 18th to the day and afternoon shift staff.
- Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre’s level 1 and 2 tied for second place – “Best Overall” with a compliance rate of 96%. St. Joseph’s Villa’s Hillcrest and Sunnyside neighbourhoods tied for 3rdplace with a compliance rate of 95%.
- Joseph’s Villa’s Lakeview and Sunnyside neighbourhoods tied for second place for most improved. St. Joseph’s Villa’s Hillcrest neighbourhood came in third place.
The St. Joseph’s Health Centre Board of Directors looks forward to another exciting and challenging year through its efforts to continue providing high quality care to those we serve and identifying the unmet health care needs in the community. We will do this by continuing to work with our staff, physicians, volunteers, community partners and new Board members as we continue to Care… Beyond The Moment.