All funds raised for, and on behalf of St. Joseph’s Villa, St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre and Villa St. Gabriel Villa, and known to be of a charitable nature are administered through the St. Joseph’s Foundation of Sudbury.
What constitutes a donation or gift:
The following are deemed as recognizable donations or gifts that will be receipted:
- Gifts of cash that are $ 10.00 and over.
- Gifts-in-kind. Acceptable donations will be valued at fair market value. Gifts-in-kind values at $ 10.00 or more will be recognized.
- Bequests. Bequests are recognized at the time they are received, not at the time they are described in the will of a prospective donor. Donors who wish to receive recognition for bequest-type contributions are encouraged to establish some form of non-revocable planned gift. (ie. Non-revocable trust)
- Pledges. Pledges are recognized for their annual payment only. The total pledge is recognized in the year that final payment is received.
- Other. This category includes sponsorships and third party events that result in additional revenue for the St. Joseph’s Foundation.